In this special 5-part podcast series, I visit with David Greenberg, Special Advisor at LRN. We take a deep dive into the LRN White Paper entitled, “What’s the Tone at the Very Top: Board and Compliance: The Role of Boards in Overseeing Corporate Ethics & Compliance”. In this podcast series we explore the white paper in depth and provide the Chief Compliance Officer and compliance practitioner with succinct and practical tips for educating, dealing with and reporting to a Board of Directors. In Episode 1 we introduce the topic of what’s the tone at the very top of your organization. Some of the highlights from the podcast include:
- What’s the role of the Board around compliance and ethics?
- Why is it important for the Board to actively oversee a C&E program?
- What is the biggest disconnect between the BOD and the compliance function?
- Board members should think of compliance as beyond FCPA and Sarbanes-Oxley, yet there understanding is members’ fuzzy at best.
- Board members understand what auditors do, but they often do not understand compliance enough to ask intelligent questions.”
Check out the LRN White Paper What’s the Tone at the Very Top: Board and Compliance: the Role of Boards in Overseeing Corporate Ethics & Complianceby clicking here.