From Vaudeville to the Silver Screen to the Small Screen, the Marx Brothers made an impact wherever people found them. Now Tom Fox and Mike Volkov have wedded their love of the Marx Brothers with their passion for compliance and bring them into the boardroom to help explain and explore the sometimes-chaotic world of governance, risk-management, ethics and compliance. In this episode they discuss the movie Coconuts and how it informs the three SEC fiscal year end FCPA enforcement actions. Highlights from the podcast include:
- What can we learn from Quad/Graphics and sham 3rd parties?
- Beware of over expansion without appropriate FCPA controls.
- Why does control override inform the enforcement action involving Westport Fuels Systems?
- The M&A implications of Westport Fuels Systems?
- Why does the Barclays FCPA enforcement action get back to FCPA basics?
- How effective is your training program?
From Tom Fox
From Mike Volkov
Coconuts-the full movie on YouTube.