Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode, Matt Kelly (the coolest guy in compliance) and I channel our inner Bluto and Flounder to consider a recent imbroglio around food in a cafeteria led to some powerful compliance lessons.
Some of the highlights include:
- What are the ethical values of your organization?
- Why a company must give employees on the ground the flexibility to over-ride rules when ethics demands it?
- If you fire someone publicly, you need to list the true reasons?
- How does a company empower its employees?
- Why documentation is critical for multiple parts of a compliance program?
- Why an efficient and accurate investigations must be done before termination?
- How an ethical misstep can significantly harm any sized organization.