Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this podcast Matt Kelly and Tom Fox take a deep dive into the recent whistleblower award issued to an anonymous whistleblower, who happened to be a compliance professional.
Some of the highlights include:
- What are the requirements for a compliance professional to be eligible for a Dodd-Frank Whistleblower award?
- How many CCOs or internal audit types have been awarded Dodd-Frank Whistleblower awards?
- The SEC was previously investigating the company, how (or why) was there an award in this case?
- With nearly $400MM paid out in whistleblower awards, the program is clearly working.
- Is Jay Clayton’s attempt to eviscerate the Whistleblower Awards?
Matt Kelly blog post, Whistleblower Award to Compliance Professional