In this five-part series, Mike Volkov and Tom Fox consider COVID-19 from a variety of angles and perspectives; from the Board of Directors, the CCO, the ethical company, new laws and regulations, crisis management and leadership. In this fifth and final episode, we consider the paucity of leadership at the federal level and why this has put businesses at the forefront of leadership during this crisis. Highlights from the podcast include:
- Why do we need strong federal leadership?
- Without federal leadership why is business leadership so important?
- Will CEOs who signed the Business Roundtable’s Statement on the Purpose of an Organization adhere to those principals in this time of crisis?
- What time horizons are you considering?
- Why is trust even more important now?
- How will the COVID-19 crisis test the mettle of companies in ways never seen in our lifetimes?