As the blowback on the Astros, MLB, Commisioner Rob Manfred continues to get worse, Jay and Tom are back to consider some of the top compliance articles and stories which caught our eye this week.
- Airbus still making news. Asher Miller provides 5 key takeaways for the compliance practitioner in the FCPA Blog. Dylan Tokar reports on more follow on investigations in the WSJ Risk & Compliance Journal. Joanne Taylor joins Tom on the FCPA Compliance Report to consider the UK perspective. Tom considers the French enforcement perspective in the FCPA Compliance and Ethics Blog.
- Another sentencing in the PdVSA ongoing bribery scandal. See the DOJ Press Release.
- What are WOW moments in compliance? Geert Vermeulen begins a 5-part series in Risk and Compliance Platform Europe.
- How do compliance officers show their worth? Dick Cassin explain in the FCPA Blog.
- Is it time to rebalance your 3rd party risk management strategy? Mike Volkov reports in Corruption Crime and Compliance. Mike writes about the importance of classifying your 3rd parties in Navex Global’s Ethics & Compliance Matters blog.
- Is the tide turning against whistleblowers? Aaron Nicodemus explores in Compliance Week. (sub req’d)
- Civil damages for corruption claims? Rick Messick considers on the Global Anti-Corruption Blog.
- New round of Alstom employee indictments. Dick Cassin reports in the FCPA Blog.
- What is a moral hazard moment? Jeff Kaplan explains on the Conflict of Interest blog.
- On the Compliance Podcast Network, Tom begins a one month look at the role of HR in compliance on 31 Days to a More Effective Compliance Program.This week saw the following offerings: Monday-succession planning and compliance; Tuesday-compliance performance appraisal review; Wednesday-Hiring a CCO: developing a job profile; Thursday-sales incentives and compliance;Friday-the exit interview. Note 31 Days to a More Effective Compliance Program now has its own iTunes channel. If you want to binge out and listen to only these episodes, click here.
- Join Tom to watch Jay on the panel with other compliance experts in the Dow Jones Refining Compliance Risk event in Hosuton on Tuesday, February 25 from 10 AM to 12 PM. For information and registration click here.
- Join Tom in NYC on Thursday, March 12 as Convercent is hosting an Innovation Forum from 3:30-7 PM at Sabrina. This event will allow you to network with like-minded individuals within the ethics and compliance space and hear from Thomas Fox and Philip Winterburn as well. For more information and registration click here.