As the Great Women in Compliance hosts publish their first book and Goldman Sachs settles its massive FCPA enforcement action over 1MDB, Tom and Jay are back to look at top compliance articles and stories which caught their eye this week.
1. Goldman Sachs settles FCPA enforcement action involving 1MDB. See, DOJ Press Release and Remarks of Acting Assistant Attorney General Brian Rabbitt.
3. What are the lessons of J&F Investments? Tom takes a deep dive in a 5-Part series on the FCPA Compliance and Ethics Blog. Part 1-Introduction, Part 2-the Bribery Scheme, Part 3-the SEC Order, Part 4-the Plea Agreement, Part 5-Final Thoughts. Mike Volkov does as well in a 4-Part series on Corruption Crime and Compliance. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4. Tom and Matt Kelly go into the weeds on Compliance into the Weeds.
4. World Bank to put more resources into evaluating compliance programs. Joshua Ray in the FCPA Blog.
5. Do DPAs and NPAs encourage recidivism? Dylan Phillips continues the debate in the FCPA Blog.
6. Is there more corruption now in college sports? Pat Forde in SI.com.
7. What is the future of financial fraud? Jonathan Karpoff in the Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Goverance.
8. Will FinTech be the great enabler of the next Industrial Revolution? Ingrid Vasiliu-Feltes on xpertsleague.com.
9. The Everything Compliance gang is back. In this episode, they consider what enforcement might look like under a Trump or Biden Administration. Listen here.
10. On the Compliance Podcast Network, on 31 Days to a More Effective Compliance Program, we continue our exploration of compliance for Business Ventures. Monday-Tying it all together for JVs; Tuesday-Know Your Customer; Wednesday– the Corporate Controller and Business Ventures; Thursday– Financial review of your business venture partner; Friday-Distributors as Business Venture Partners. Note 31 Days to a More Effective Compliance Program now has its own iTunes channel. If you want to binge out and listen to only these episodes, click here.
11. Join Tom and Sam Silverstein for an Executive Forum on Ethics and Accountability on October 28, 2020 12-1 PM CT. Check at the agenda and register here.
12. Join Tom, Holly Sais Phillippi, Head of Americas Risk Sales, Refinitiv and Kelly M. Slavitt in a Refinitiv sponsored webinar, The Future of Due Diligence: Third-Party Risk in the Era of COVID-19, Tuesday, October 27, 1-2 PM CT. Check at the agenda and register here.
13. Check out the replay of the Navex Next 9th Annual Risk & Compliance Virtual Conference event Beyond the Moment. For more information, go here.