This week is the 20th anniversary of 9/11. On Saturday Tom and Jay ask that you take a moment of silence to remember all those who lost their lives on that day, their loved ones and those who were impacted by those events over the past 20 years.
3. Raytheon under FCPA scrutiny. Dylan Tokar in WSJ Risk and Compliance Journal.
6. Has the SFO turned the corner? Martin Kenney in the FCPA Blog.
7. Measuring compliance measurement. Jeff Kaplan in COI Blog.
8. From firm specific risk to systemic risk. John Coffee in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance
9. Do you need a BOD Code of Conduct? Kristy Grant-Hart in Compliance Kristy.
10. Joe Biden-the anti-corruption President? Joe Acotoia in Corruption Crime and Compliance.
Podcasts and Events
12. On Innovation in Compliance, Tom has run a 6-part special podcast series on Looking Back on 9/11, sponsored by Affiliated Monitors. In this series he will visit with professionals from a variety of compliance perspectives who will discuss how 9/11 changed our profession, including three who were in NYC during the attacks. Hear thoughts and reflections from Gabe Hidalgo, Juan Zarate, Alex Dill, Eric Feldman, Scott Moritz and John Lee Dumas.
13. Join K2 Integrity September 15 for a round-table on the 20th Anniversary of September 11 and consider its impact on countering terrorist financing and illicit financing, and the continuing risks to national security. The roundtable will include members of the team that spearheaded the post-9/11 counter illicit finance regime: Juan Zarate, Chip Poncy, Danny McGlynn, moderated by Dr. Michele L. Malvesti. Information and Registration here.
14. Ethisphere’s World Most Ethical Company awards for 2022 are open for submission. For more information on the Application Process, click here.
Tom Fox is the Voice of Compliance and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Co-host Jay Rosen (AKA ‘Mr. Monitor’) can be reached at email@example.com.