Welcome to the only roundtable podcast in compliance. Today, in Episode 44 Tom Fox sits in for Mike Volkov, who is on assignment.
- Jonathan Armstrong discusses a recent presentation he saw by the OECD on some of the key and current numbers on the global fight against bribery and corruption. Jonathan shouts out to Nicola Howard QC for her work on DPAs in the UK and the British Airways for its pizza delivery service from London to Lagos.
- Matt Kelly details the recent SEC whistleblower award to two individuals of $50MM. There were multiple claimants and the award detailed what the SEC values in terms of information. He also discusses the award in the context of the Trump administration’s attempt to gut the SEC whistleblower program. Matt rants on the unqualified Trump nominee for the Fed, Stephen Moore.
- Jay Rosen talks about how the #MeToo continues to resonate in Hollywood as yet another studio executive is forced to resign. This time the scandal is not about power over another but about the conflicts which arise when some in a relationship uses his power to promote his paramour over others. It is also about how the studio internal investigations continue to clear the studio execs of any wrongdoing. Jay shouts out to Matt Kelly for attending the SCCE Regional event in Boston.
- Tom Fox, sitting in for Mike Volkov discusses a compliance-based solution to help manage the opioid crisis. He shouts out to (now) former Wells Fargo CEO Tim Sloan for admitting the abysmal job he did in the wake of the fraudulent account scandal by resigning and rants on Wells Fargo which cannot seem to move beyond the scandal.
The members of the Everything Compliance panelist are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov– One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at email@example.com.
- Matt Kelly– Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Armstrong– Rounding out the panel is our UK colleague, who is an experienced lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at email@example.com
The host and producer (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Compliance Evangelist. Everything Compliance is a part of the Compliance Podcast Network.
For additional reading and listening check out the follow additional resources:
Matt Kelly’s blog post, $50 Million SEC Whistleblower Award in Radical Compliance.
Tom Fox, has two blog posts on a Compliance Response to the Opioid Crisis(Part 1 and Part 2) in the FCPA Compliance and Ethics Blog. Also listen to his podcast recording with the person who came up with the solution, Jesse Caplan, on a special podcast series Emerging Issues in Healthcare Compliance (Part I and Part II), on the Compliance Podcast Network.
Jay Rosen’s article Haven’t We Seen This Film Before on Corporate Compliance Insights.
OECD report underlying the presentation discussed by Jonathan Armstrong entitled, “OECD Strategic Approach to COMBATING CORRUPTION AND PROMOTING INTEGRITY”. It is available for no charge.