Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. This week Matt and Tom take a deep dive into a recent speech by SEC Director of Enforcement Gurbir Grewal and the likely increase in a more expansive use of SEC enforcement.
Some of the issues we consider are:
- What is the purpose of SEC penalties; to penalize or to deter others?
- How did SEC Commissioner Crenshaw presage this talk?
- What about a potential change in DOJ penalties? Its approach and focus?
- Are monitorships back on the table?
- What about the CFPB? Will Directors and Officers be held accountable or just the low level minions?
Matt in Radical Compliance
More on SEC Penalties Policy Shift