Welcome to a special five-part podcast series from the Compliance Podcast Network. In this series I am taking a look at the Hughes Hubbard & Reed 2019 FCPA and Anti-Bribery Alert. I visit with five firm lawyers involved in the preparation of the report, each of whom is a subject matter expert in an area of the FCPA and anti-corruption. In this Part 3, I visit with Bryan Sillaman, Managing Partner of the firm’s Paris office, on developments in France regarding anti-bribery enforcement over the past year.
Some of the highlights include:
- What were the anti-bribery prosecutions under Sapin II?
- What were the first decisions by the AFA on compliance programs?
- What were changes in whistleblower protection over the past year in France?
- Why are the developments of a DPA equivalent so significant in France?
- What the requirement for entering into a settlement agreement in France?
Hughes Hubbard 2019 FCPA and Anti-Bribery Alert, click here.