In this episode of Life with GDPR, Jonathan Armstrong and Tom Fox are back to discuss the role of vendors in data breaches and the corporate response thereto. Some of the highlights in this episode include:
- How much due diligence did you perform on your vendors from the data protection risk perspective?
- How much due diligence did you engage in for any M&A activity or acquisitions?
- Do you have the full cooperation of your vendors in any data breach?
- What is the role of a vendor in responding to a data breach?
- Does your risk management strategy have a fall back if you have to terminate a vendor over a data breach?
For more information on vendor data breaches, check out the following resource on the Cordery Compliance website, https://www.corderycompliance.com/dealing-with-a-data-breach/ . Also if you have not done so, check out the Cordery Breach Navigator here, https://www.corderycompliance.com/solutions/breach-navigator/