With Tom and Jay together for a week in the City of Champions (Boston) and Tom finally getting to Fenway Park to sing Sweet Caroline, he and Jay to take a break to join discuss both events some of this week’s top compliance and ethics stories which caught their collective eyes.
- Who owns a bribe and why does it matter?
- What are the 6 hats of an AML compliance professional?
- Two prosecutors leave DOJ.
- What are some of the impacts of working with monitors?
- FBI skewered in another FCPA sting trial.
- Trump Tower in Moscow? What is the story?
- Italy enacts a law to provide credit for remediation during corruption investigations.
- Two top FCPA prosecutors leave DOJ and go into private practice.
- And you think you are having a bad day? Matt Kelly looks at an assination attempt on a CAE in South Africa.
- What is ghost money?
- Tom has a special 3-part podcast series this week, looking at leadership lessons from Harry Truman, Douglas MacArthur and Truman’s firing of MacArthur on 12 O’Clock High, a podcast on business leadership. Check out the following: Part 1-Leadership lessons from Harry Truman; Part 2-Leadership lessons from Douglas MacArthur; Part 3– Leadership lessons from Truman’s firing of MacArthur. The podcast is available on multiple sites: the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, JDSupra, Megaphone,YouTube, Spotifyand Corporate Compliance Insights, Compliance Podcast Networkand now on the C-Suite Radio Network.
- The Everything Compliance gang begins a two-part podcast series looking at the Trump Administration’s first 6 months of 2019, from the compliance perspective. In Part 1, Matt Kelly, Sarah Hadden and Mike Volkov weigh in. In Part 2 (to be released June 27) Jay Rosen, Jonathan Armstrong and Tom Fox opine.
For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.