In this special bonus podcast, I am joined by Jay Rosen to discuss the stunning resolution to one of the longest running bribery, corruption and money-laundering sagas on the international stage, the FCPA enforcement action against the world’s largest retailer–Walmart. Some of the highlights include:
- The background facts;
- How significant is the case;
- Is the penalty too low (or too high)?
- Response of Walmart;
- Lessons learned for the compliance professional;
- Was there self-disclosure and full cooperation?
- How should we analyze the monitor requirement under the Benczkowski Memo?
The documents for this matter include:
From the Department Of Justice