In this special 5-part podcast series on the FCPA Compliance Report, I am considering the Airbus international anti-corruption enforcement action from a variety of perspectives from some of the top world’s top compliance practitioners and commentators on compliance. They include, Jay Rosen-Mr. Monitor; Mike Volkov-Editor of Corruption Crime and Compliance; Jonathan Armstrong-partner at Cordery Compliance in London; Cecilia Fellouse-Guenkel-Secretary General, The Circle of Compliance and Tom Fox-the Compliance Evangelist. In today’s concluding Episode 5, Tom Fox provides his perspective with some final thoughts about what it all means.
- The significance of the largest international anti-corruption enforcement action of all time.
- Why a complete sweep of Airbus was required and did it achieve one?
- What are the three key takeaways for the compliance professional?
- How this enforcement action will be the model for international cooperation in investigations and enforcement going forward.
- At the end of the day, what does it all mean?