Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode we take a deep dive into Cardinal Health FCPA enforcement action brought by the SEC. Some of the highlights include:
- What is the background to the matter?
- How did a Chinese acquisition cause so much FCPA grief?
- What were the types of business relationships involved?
- How did the corporate office respond?
- What red flags were spotted or missed?
- Why didn’t the corporate office take stronger action?
- What was the SEC’s response in the fine and penalty phase?
Matt Kelly blog post, Cardinal Health Pays $8.8 Million on FCPA Issues
Tom Fox blog post, Cardinal Health FCPA Enforcement Action: High Risk Business Relationships