Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode, Matt Kelly and I go into the weeds to explore the actions by Delta CEO in not going to a meeting at the White House because of previously scheduled vacation plans. Is this modeling of corporate values useful to improve employee morale?
Some of the highlights include:
- Why did Delta CEO Ed Bastain ditch a White House meeting?
- Does a CEO cancelling a meeting to go on previously scheduled vacation model your corporate values?
- If a CEO will not attend a meeting what does that say about a company?
- Does the CEO’s help or hurt employee morale?
- How was Delta accountable in its ferrying of stranded 5thgraders to DC?
- How has Lowe’s damaged employee trust?
For additional reading see Matt’s blog post Great Example of CEO Setting the Tone on Radical Compliance.