As Donald Trump announces he is the “Chosen One” and the Business Roundtable stuns the corporate community with a new Statement on the Purpose of Corporations, Tom and Jay are back to discuss some of this week’s top compliance and ethics stories which caught their collective eyes.
1. The Business Roundtable issues a new Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation.
2. Mike Volkov takes a deep dive into the CCPA.
3. Is Amazon liable for Capital One hack?
4. Is summer the right time to close FCPA cases?
5. You know it’s bad with BVI lawyer calls out the ABA for opposing UBO regulation.
6. Proactive assessments in health care ethics and compliance programs.
7. Trial judge rejects Alstom defendant 5thand 6thAmendment claims to toss case.
8. UK goes after funds obtained through bribery and corruption.
9. Monitor appointed in MTS FCPA enforcement action.
10. Sherlock Holmes is back in another week of Adventures in Compliance podcasts on the Compliance Podcast Network. Check out the following: Monday-The Three Garridebs and Monitoring Controls; Tuesday-The Problem at Thor Bridge and Monitoring Controls; Wednesday-theCreeping Man and Risk Management by Your Board; Thursday-The Lion’s Mane and Risk-Based Monitoring; and Friday-the Veiled Lodger and Empathy in Compliance. The podcast is available on multiple sites: the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, JDSupra, Megaphone,YouTube, Spotifyand Corporate Compliance Insights, Compliance Podcast Networkand now on the C-Suite Radio Network.
11. Join Tom and Jay and a host of other great speakers and guest at Converge19 in Denver October 2 & 3. Listeners to this podcast can obtain a complimentary ticket by using the promotion code foxvip, for registration and information, click here.
Tom Fox is the Compliance Evangelist and can be reached at email@example.com. Jay Rosen is Mr. Monitor and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.