As Tom celebrates the Astros franchise record of 104 wins (to-date) and Jay continues to avoid talking about the Red Sox, they then turn to discuss some of this week’s top compliance and ethics stories which caught their collective eyes.
- Both Nissan and Carlos Ghosn settle SEC charges for failure to report salary. Does Nissan have a massive conflict of interest in its investigation? Sean McLain and Nick Kostov report.
- PwC gets in yet more trouble with SEC. Francine McKenna reports. Matt Kelly explores. Tom and Matt take a deep dive in Compliance into the Weeds.
- TechnipFMC settles SEC charges for FCPA violation. Harry Cassin reports.
- How do you fix a toxic culture? Mike Volkov enlightens.
- What factors influence an ethical culture? Jay continues a multipart series.
- Thinking about investiging in US real estate? Foreigners need to check in on the new rules. Doug Cornelius explains.
- 8 Prominent CCOs tackle 5 compliance questions in an interview in Compliance Week.
- What are 10 reasons compliance programs fail? Andrew Hayward and Tony Osborn consider.
- Has the fight against corruption in Mexico turned the corner? Andrew Levine, Kara Brockmeyer and Marisa Taney consider.
- Tom continues his preview of the Converge19 speakers in a special bonus series of podcasts on the Compliance Podcast Network. Check out the following: Monday-Jacki Cheslow with a testimonial of why you should attend; Tuesday-Michael Rasmussen on a SWOT analysis for CCOs; Wednesday-Stephen Martin on the role of the Board of Directors; Thursday– Dan Chapman on the new DOJ Guidance (with an assist from FCPA Monitor himself) and Friday– Ren McEachern on the power of integrated 3rd party risk management. The podcast is available on multiple sites: the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, JDSupra, Megaphone, YouTube, Spotify and the Compliance Podcast Network.
- The Everything Compliance gang will be doing its first live podcast at Converge19. You should be there! Listeners to this podcast can obtain a complimentary ticket by using the promotion code foxvip, for registration and information, click here.
Tom Fox is the Compliance Evangelist and can be reached at email@example.com. Jay Rosen is Mr. Monitor and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.