How does Fahrenheit 451 foretell non-compliance regulation in Germany? Tom and Jay brave the surge in Covid cases by staying safe at home to tell the tale. They are back to look at top compliance articles and stories which caught their eye this week.
- OFAC focusing on screening errors. Mike Volkov with a 3-part series on Corruption Crime and Compliance. Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3
- There is no single panacea for stopping corruption. Matthew Stephenson in GAB.
- 5 top steps for data transfer after Schrems III. Neil Hodge in Compliance Week. (sub req’d)
- What’s the cost of non-compliance? For Wells Fargo, a staggering $15.8 Billion. Matt Kelly explores on Radical Compliance.
- Fahrenheit 451, compliance and German regulators? Rosemary Lark considers in the FCPA Blog.
- Coronavirus Comeback planner. Navex Global’s Ethics and Compliance Matters.
- A compliance approach to excessive force in policing. Joseph Murphy and Emil Moschella in NYU’s Compliance and Enforcement
- Crisis preparedness and the BOD? Joydip Day explores in CCI.
- This month on The Compliance Life, I am joined by Louis Sapirman. In Part 1, we looked at Louis personal and professional journey into compliance.
- AMI week on Compliance and Coronavirus as Maurice Gilbert discusses the compliance hiring scene Covid-19, Andy Goldstrom on business sustainability; and Laura Petrolino on storytelling for communications.
- On the Compliance Podcast Network, Tom begins a new month on 31 Days to a More Effective Compliance Program, this month focusing on the role of the Board in compliance. This week saw the following offerings: Monday-legal obligations of the BOD; Tuesday– prudent discharge of BOD obligations; Wednesday-BOD Compliance Committees; Thursday- OIG guidance for BODs; and Friday-Compliance expertise on the BOD. The month of July is being sponsored by Affiliated Monitors. Note 31 Days to a More Effective Compliance Program now has its own iTunes channel. If you want to binge out and listen to only these episodes, click here.
- Join Jay and Tom at Converge20. Convercent’s top compliance conference is going virtual this year. Check at the agenda and register here.
Tom Fox is the Compliance Evangelist and can be reached at email@example.com. Jay Rosen is Mr. Monitor and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.