On this 19th anniversary of 9/11 Tom and Jay ask you to consider all that has changed for America in the past 19 years. Most importantly, remember there was a time when we were united as a country. We can do so again.
We continue to brave the surge in Covid cases by staying safe at home. We are back to look at top compliance articles and stories which caught their eye this week.
- Lebanon, Corruption and a Bomb. NYT reporters: Ben Hubbard, Maria Abi-Habib, Mona El-Naggar, Allison McCann, Anjali Singhvi, James Glanz and Jeremy White.
- Are today’s CCO ‘Super Execs’? Dick Cassin explores in the FCPA Blog.
- Time for a compliance housecleaning? Dylan Tokar in the WSJ Risk and Compliance Journal.
- A turning point in AML enforcement? Jack Hagel in the WSJ Risk and Compliance Journal.
- HerabLife settles long standing FCPA matter. Mike Volkov goes deep in a 3-part series. Part 1, Part 2and Part 3.
- Does HerbalLife portend the end of monitors? Robert Anello in com.
- DOJ charges former Uber CISO for lying about data breach. Lawyers from Cleary Gottlieb in NYU’s Compliance and Enforcement Blog.
- Deutsche Bank fined yet again (twice). Matt Kelly reports in Radical Compliance.
- This month on The Compliance Life, I am joined by Deanna Nwankwo. She came to the CCO chair after a stint at QA in NASA. In this week’s Part 1, the message ‘The good news is you’re the new CCO. The bad news is you’re the new CCO.’
- On the Compliance Podcast Network, on 31 Days to a More Effective Compliance Program, this month focuses on internal controls. This week saw the following offerings: Tuesday– Assessing internal controls in international operations; Wednesday-risk assessments and internals controls; Thursday– mapping internal controls; and Friday– Implementing internal controls. The month of September is being sponsored by Affiliated Monitors. Note 31 Days to a More Effective Compliance Program now has its own iTunes channel. If you want to binge out and listen to only these episodes, click here.
- Join Jay and Tom at Converge20. Convercent’s top compliance conference is going virtual this year. Check at the agenda and register here.
- Two great K2 Intelligence FIN webinars upcoming. 1. Kevin Mullins and Yomi Peirce on procurement fraud during Covid-19, September 16, 2020; 1:00 PM ET. Registration and information here. 2. Robin Henry on how investigators can use social media, Thursday, 9-24 at 1600 GMT. Registation and information here.
Tom Fox is the Compliance Evangelist and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Jay Rosen is Mr. Monitor and can be reached at email@example.com.