As the Great Women in Compliance podcast series hits its 100 anniversary, the first annual #GWICies are awarded. Tom and Jay are back to look at this week’s stories top compliance and ethics stories which caught their interest on This Week in FCPA.
- Tom takes a deep dive into Ethisphere’s WME awards and reports. Part 1-WME awards. Part 2-managing a global workforce. Part 3-managing third-party risks. Part 4-communications and training.
- What is the price of nice? Mary Shirley explores in CCI.
- Criminalization of sports corruption. Ubong Udoeyo in GAB.
- Are you FARA compliant? Jonathan Marks in Board and Fraud.
- James Comey channels Bette Davis (and Jim Deloach). Aly McDevitt in Compliance Week. (sub req’d)
- How to prevent money-laundering. Alia Noor in XpertsLeague.
- Where to start with ESG reporting. MaryAnn Rains in Risk and Compliance Matters.
- Should compliance have outside competition? Dick Cassin opines in the FCPA Blog.
- Are you curious? (Not in a blue or yellow way) Joe Murphy channels Tim Harford in LinkedIn.
- Are you tone deaf from the top. Jon May in LinkedIn.
Podcasts and Events
- The Great Women in Compliance has its 100th anniversary edition. Mary and Lisa reflect back on their journey. Join us in congratulating them. Listen in on the Compliance Podcast Network.
- MoFo joins the Compliance Podcast Network. Check out this week’s episode where Morrison & Foerster partner James Koukios speaks with fellow partner Brandon Van Grack about what to expect in the National Security space under the new Biden Administration.
- Coffee & Regs joins the Compliance Podcast Network. In this episode, host Natalie Silverman, former Chief Compliance Officers Matt Calabro and Allison Fraser sit down to discuss public pension fund independent compliance reviews.
- CCI releases a new eBook, The FCPA Year in Review by the Compliance Evangelist, Tom Fox. You can obtain a copy here. Best of all its available at no charge.
- Join Tom and Jay at Ethisphere’s 2021 Global Ethics Summit, which will be held virtually April 13-15. Listeners to this podcast will receive a 15% discount to Ethisphere’s Global Ethics Summit For more information and registration details click here. Use the code tomfox15 for your discount.
- Tom announces his latest book, The Compliance Handbook, 2nd edition is available for presale purchase. Use the code FOX25 and go here. The Compliance Handbook 2ndedition will be available in both print and eBook editions. This week on The Compliance Handbook podcast, the ladies from #GWIC join Tom for a deep dive into written standards.