Welcome to the only award winning roundtable podcast in compliance. Today, we are thrilled to have our newest panelist Karen Woody join us as a permanent panelist. The entire gang was also thrilled to be honored by W3 as a top talk show in podcasting.
We end with a veritable mélange of shouts outs and one epic rant.
1. Karen Woody talks about the ‘wild west’ of cryptocurrency and the regulatory environment growing up around it. Karen has a shout out domestic tourism in Brown County Indiana.
2. Jay Rosen discusses the morally bankrupt culture at Facebook and how the company can begin to comeback from the abyss. Rosen shouts out to Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills for being one of the best teams in the NFL this season and advises long-suffering Bills fan Lisa Fine to ‘enjoy the ride’.
3. Matt Kelly discusses the recent speech by SEC Director of Enforcement, Gurbir Grewal in which Grewal previewed an increase in penalties in enforcement by the SEC. Kelly shouts out to Kareem Abdul Jabbar for his evisceration of NBA players in general and Kyrie Irving in particular for their selfish attitudes in failing to get Covid vaccinations.
4. Jonathan Armstrong looks at whistleblowing in the EU. He shouts out to Emma Raducanu for her stunning win in the US Open this year.
5. Tom Fox rants about Waller County and its lack of criminal charges against drivers who intentionally or negligently run over cyclists.
The members of the Everything Compliance are:
• Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
• Karen Woody – One of the top academic experts on the SEC. Woody can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Matt Kelly – Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at email@example.com
• Jonathan Armstrong –is our UK colleague, who is an experienced data privacy/data protection lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Jonathan Marks is Partner, Firm Practice Leader – Global Forensic, Compliance & Integrity Services at Baker Tilly. Marks can be reached at email@example.com