Jonathan Armstrong is on assignment in Cornwall so for this episode Cordery Compliance co-founder Andre Bywater joins Tom Fox to discuss the upcoming EU Whistleblower Directive go live date of December 17. This is Part 1 of a special 2-part episode. Some of the questions we consider include:
1. Why is the EU tackling whistleblowing & what EU areas fall in scope?
2. Who can be a whistleblower?
3. What about anonymity and confidentiality?
4. Which whistleblowing route should a whistleblower follow?
5. Are there any record-keeping obligations?
6. Is retaliation prohibited?
Check out the Cordery Compliance, client alert on this topic, click here. For more information on Cordery Compliance, go their website here. Also check out the GDPR Navigator, one of the top resources for GDPR Compliance by clicking here.