Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode, Matt Kelly and I go into the weeds to explore what additional educational degrees or certifications a mid-career compliance professional should consider obtaining to further their career.
Some of the highlights include:
- How did Matt become interested in this question?
- What types of additional university degrees will assist the compliance professional?
- Why a law degree will not help the mid-career compliance professional?
- Does legal training apply to compliance any longer?
- Why you should assess your skill set and then move to fill any gaps to become a more well-rounded compliance professional.
- Why other university disciplines such as behavioral phycology, Human Resources and Risk Management are more valuable than law degrees for the compliance professional.
For additional reading see the following:
Matt’s blog post, Study Law to Advance Compliance Career?,on Radical Compliance.
For more information on Converge19, click here.