In this podcast series, recovering screenwriter (and Mr. Monitor) Jay Rosen and Tom (the Compliance Evangelist) indulge in passion for the movies by looking at them through the lens of compliance. Jay is a contemporary movie fan and I am more of a classic movie maven so we present a well-rounded view of the movie fandom. If you want to indulge in your love for the movies with two guys who are passionate about Hollywood and get some ideas for your compliance program, this is the podcast series for you. For this offering, we consider the Star Trek-The Motion Picture.
Some of the highlights include:
- Why was the plot so special effects driven?
- Why did the movie take so long to make?
- Did it make money (or not)?
- What are some of the leadership lessons?
- What are some of the compliance lessons?
- Tom gives the Inside Hollywood story of the production.
- Tom gives the movie a full bucket of Popcorn. Jay tepidly gives the movie 1/2 bucket of stale popcorn.
Join us again where in our next episode of Popcorn and Compliance, we consider Star Trek II-The Wrath of Khan.