Is the US utilizing FCPA enforcement for world domination? Recovering screenwriter Jay Rosen and frustrated novelist Tom Fox consider this while they also take a look at some of this week’s top compliance and ethics stories which caught their collective eyes this week. Stories include:
- Does the statute of limitations run while Trump is in office? Sara Kropf on Grand Jury Target.
- What is the compliance response to the Varsity Blues scandal? Sandra Erez reports on Corporate Compliance Insights.
- NYDFS cybersecurity requirements are live, is your organization ready? Michael McGrath in Corporate Compliance Insights.
- Matt Kelly has a twitter storm on Boeing, sales strategy and ethics. Check out the full storm on Radical Compliance. Tom and Matt take a deep dive into the imbroglio on Episode 120 of Compliance into the Weeds.
- Is the US using FCPA to garner world domination? Henry Astier opines on BBC.com.
- What are the best practices for managing employee hotline reports? Jaclyn Jaeger reports in Compliance Week. (sub req’d)
- What do the WME companies have in common? Aarti Maharaj in the FCPA Blog.
- Transparency challenges in CSR. Dunstan Allison-Hope in BSR.org.
- Tom is speaking at ECI’s IMPACT 2019 next week in Dallas about the importance of measuring the quality and maturity of your high quality E&C program. Regisration and information is availablehere.
- Join Tom and Jay at Compliance Week 2019 on May 20-22, in Washington DC. Listeners to this podcast can receive a $300 discount by using the code TOM300. You can check out the full agenda, see who’s speaking, and review registration information.
- This week Tom visits with the team from Assent Compliance on Supply Chain Risk Management. Check out the following: Part 1-Who is Assent?; Part 2– Introduction to Supply Chain risk management; Part 3– Development of Supply Chain risk management; Part 4-Supply Chain failures; and Part 5-Market drivers for continued development. The podcast is available on multiple sites: the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, JDSupra, Panoplyand YouTube. The Compliance Podcast Network is now also on Spotify and Corporate Compliance Insights.
- Sarah Hadden joins the Everything Compliance as our latest panelist. Listen in on Episode 45, the Drinkin’ the Kool-Aid
For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.