Tom is back from Keynoting at the Le Circle De La Compliance in Paris. After the July 4thcelebrations he and Jay are back with a host of news from the world of compliance and ethics. They are back to discuss some of this week’s top compliance and ethics stories which caught their collective eyes.
- More Walmart. Dylan Tokar on the attorney/client waiver issue which arose during the case and what it may mean for the issue going forward. How and why was the Walmart monitorship issue decided.
- How can subcultures work to poison a corporate culture.
- What is the significance of the TechnipFMC Deferred Prosecution Agreement?
- SFO agrees to DPA (subject to court approval) with SERCO.
- France moving towards more DPAs.
- CFTC awards whistleblowers $2MM.
- Why is ‘too good to be true’ still a correct maxim?
- First sitting compliance officer nominated to federal bench.
- Under CCPA is the biggest risk privacy or cyber security?
- Have you checked in on Trekkng Through Compliance? If not sample of this week’s exploration of Star Trek-the Original Series and compliance. Check out the following: Monday-Who Mourns for Adonais?; Tuesday-The Changeling; Wednesday-Mirror Mirror; Thursday-The Appleand Compliance; and Friday-The Doomsday Machine. The podcast is available on multiple sites: the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, JDSupra, Megaphone,YouTube, Spotifyand Corporate Compliance Insights, Compliance Podcast Networkand now on the C-Suite Radio Network.
For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.