Richard Lummis and I are back. Today, we take a look at leadership lessons from a trifecta of failed leaders, including Adam Neumann, the founder and former CEO of WeWork, Elizabeth Holmes, founder and former CEO of Theranos and Travis Kalanick, founder and former CEO of Uber.
Highlights of this podcast include:
- What happens when charismatic leaders have disruptive visions?
- What happens when a brilliant jerk is a CEO?
- They all had and maintained asymmetrical power, total control and maintained dual-class ownership structures.
- What happens when the CEO creates a cult of personality?
- All three valued opaqueness over transparency so that they could control the flow of information.
- Where was the Board of Directors?