Where does creativity fit into compliance? In more places than you think. Problem-solving, accountability, communication, and connection – they all take creativity. Join Tom Fox and Ronnie Feldman on Creativity and Compliance, part of the Compliance Podcast Network to explore these issues. Today’s episode is about creative ways to use internal social media tool to improve your compliance communications.
Some of the highlights include:
- Stretching you compliance messaging by using tactics for reaching more employees. -Using internal social media sites like Chatter, Yammer, Jive, Workplace to reach employees in new ways. These are used by other departments to connect groups. Why doesn’t the compliance function use them as well?
- This is another channel outside of an LMS push to reach more people
- These channels work like social media. The key is that you need to present something interesting for people to choose to access. Many have #hashtags and are interactive
- Post interesting videos
- Post interesting Graphics & GIFs
- Post contests
- Ask for feedback
- This is a way to increase visibility and promote your main messaging
- Compliance is here to help advice and coach
- Speak Up Culture
- Here is where you go for more info
- Ethics and Compliance needs more visibility – so increase access through these channels. And if you want to use these channels, it should be interesting or fun or you won’t get access.
60-Second Communication & Awareness Shorts – A variety of short, customizable, quick-hitter “commercials” including songs & jingles, video shorts, newsletter graphics & Gifs, and more. Promote integrity, compliance, the Code, the helpline and the E&C team as helpful advisors and coaches.
Workplace Tonight Show! Micro-learning – a library of 1-10-minute trainings and communications wrapped in the style of a late-night variety show, that explains corporate risk topics and why employees should care.
Custom Live & Digital Programing – We’ll develop programming that fits your culture and balances the seriousness of the subject matter with a more engaging delivery.