Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode we take a deep dive into the Office of Comptroller and Currency’s proposed Cease and Desist Order against former high-ranking Wells Fargo risk assurance executives.
Some of the highlights include:
- Are risk assurance executives now under more scrutiny by regulators?
- Were the facts of Wells Fargo’s fraudulent accounts scandal so bad to raise a new level of liability?
- Should we expect new regulatory guidance?
- If the first line of defense performs it function, but the second and third do not; what are the implications?
- What are the implications for the compliance discipline and CCO?