In this special 5-part podcast series, I am visiting with David Greenberg, Special Advisor at LRN. We take a deep dive into the LRN White Paper entitled, “What’s the Tone at the Very Top: Board and Compliance: The Role of Boards in Overseeing Corporate Ethics & Compliance”. In this podcast series we explore the white paper in depth and provide the Chief Compliance Officer and compliance practitioner with succinct and practical tips for educating, dealing with and reporting to a Board of Directors. In Episode 3, we consider many CECO’s concern that Boards do not dedicate sufficient time and priority to compliance nor go into sufficient depth into compliance programs and potential outcomes . Some of the highlights from the podcast include:
- Why don’t Boards put in more time around E&C programs?
- Why is compliance often the last item on the Board agenda and equally as often, left off for later?
- CECOs want to be challenged by their Boards but often are not.
- Does your Board have a compliance game plan?
- Why don’t BODs go deeper into E&C programs? How would they do so?
- Are Boards even asking the right questions?
Check out the LRN White Paper What’s the Tone at the Very Top: Board and Compliance: the Role of Boards in Overseeing Corporate Ethics & Complianceby clicking here.