In this special 5-part podcast series on the FCPA Compliance Report, I am considering the Airbus international anti-corruption enforcement action from a variety of perspectives from some of the top world’s top compliance practitioners and commentators on compliance. They include, Jay Rosen-Mr. Monitor; Mike Volkov-Editor of Corruption Crime and Compliance; Jonathan Armstrong-partner at Cordery Compliance in London; Cecilia Fellouse-Guenkel-Secretary General, The Circle of Compliance and Tom Fox-the Compliance Evangelist. In today’s Episode 3, Jonathan Armstrong considers the UK’s Serious Fraud Office role in the enforcement involving Airbus.
- The transparency in the UK-Deferred Prosecution Agreement process allows greater information to for the compliance professional.
- What are the key differences in the UK and US DPA process?
- The breadth and scope of the UK investigation.
- The UK-DPA is not the end of the story as there may well be significant individual enforcement actions going forward.
- What does Airbus mean for the new SFO style of anti-bribery enforcement action?
Cordery Compliance Client Alert on the Airbus enforcement action here.