Business Ventures with Brandon Daniels
In today’s episode of The Compliance Podcast, Thomas Fox is joined by regulatory expert and technology practitioner Brandon Daniels, President of Exiger – Global Markets. Tune in to the episode as Thomas and Brandon share an interesting discussion about trending compliance risks and business ventures.
Major takeaways discussed in the episode:
- Be reminded that third parties are essentially part of a company’s ecosystem as well. Brandon Daniels emphasizes that third parties must also use compliance practices applied to the company’s people, processes, and technology.
- Take advantage of technological advancements, namely the ability to utilize open-source data to evaluate risk in due diligence and assessments.
- Recognize that holistic risk assessment is necessary to search hotspots subject to multi-factor risks. Doing so will effectively mitigate them to stay ahead of both commercial disruption and regulatory enforcement.
- Be constantly reminded to avoid the risks that wipe out the profit.
- Companies need to be thinking ahead beyond their business relationships and creating strong mitigation practices in times of crisis to stay relevant and economically successful.
- Amid a pandemic, there are areas of growth in the market that will demand more robust compliance and more vital ESG practices.
About Thomas Fox:
Thomas Fox, the Compliance Evangelist®, is one of the leading writers, thinkers, and commentators on anti-bribery and anti-corruption compliance. In this latest edition of The Compliance Handbook, he continues to arm seasoned compliance professionals and those new to the realm with the practical, actionable guidance and tools needed to design, create, implement and continually enhance a best practices compliance program.
The “Nuts and Bolts” for Creating a Comprehensive Compliance Plan
This chapter of this unique work lays out a succinct yet thorough one-month approach to operationalizing a company’s compliance regimen. Beginning with a section on what 2020 brought to the compliance landscape, each chapter methodically outlines best practices for everything from establishing policies, procedures, and internal controls, to assessing risk, training, handling investigations, and more. Each day ends with three key takeaways you can implement at little or no cost.
Understanding Compliance Responsibility Across the Organization
The Compliance Handbook also takes a close look at all professionals’ roles with compliance responsibility, from Compliance Officers and Boards of Directors to Human Resources, to Internal Audit and Internal Controls and Communications and Training professionals.
In-Depth Treatment of Hot Topics and Trends
The Handbook provides an in-depth look at the latest thinking and trends for the full range of critical compliance topics, including:
• Compliance and business ventures
• Third-party risk management
• The Board’s Role in Compliance
• Continuous improvement
• Compliance innovation
• And much more
Incorporating Current Government Pronouncements
The Second Edition incorporates the most current government pronouncements governing best practices compliance programs, including the 2019 Evaluation of Corporate Compliance Programs released by the Fraud Section of the Department of Justice, and its 2020 Update; the updated FCPA Resource Guide 2nd edition; the Framework for OFAC Compliance Commitments; and the 2019 DOJ Antitrust Division’s Evaluation of Corporate Compliance Programs in Criminal Antitrust.
Order your copy OR copies of The Compliance Handbook: A Guide to Operationalizing Your Compliance Program. Save 25% off.