Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode, Matt Kelly and I go into the weed over the ethical failings and missteps made by the now former Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg which led to his firing.
Some of the highlights include:
- What are the three steps in cooperating with the government after a failure?
- Why did Boeing fail to reveal negative information it uncovered in its internal investigation?
- What is the role of a CEO around ethics?
- What is the role of the Board of Directors?
- What is the only control for a CEO around ethics?
- What are the lessons learned for a corporate compliance program?
- What does all this mean for compliance professionals going forward?
Matt’s blog post More Misadventures in Ethics From Boeing in Radical Compliance.