In this episode Jonathan Armstrong and Tom Fox are back to discuss issues relating to data privacy, data protection and GDPR. Today, we begin a 3-part series on issues relating to GDPR after Brexit. They include data protection, data transfer and issues related to trade sanctions, AML and export control. In this episode we consider data protection. Highlights include:
- Does GDPR still exist in the UK?
- Does pre-Brexit case law still matter in the UK?
- What is the temporary data protection deal between the EU & UK all about?
- How will extra-territorial reach work for the EU & the UK?
- Will I need a Data Protection Representative?
- Will I need a new Data Protection Officer
Check out the Cordery Compliance Client alert on the data transfer after Brexit here.
Check out the Cordery Compliance, client alert on this topic, click here. For more information on Cordery Compliance, go their website here. Also check out the GDPR Navigator, one of the top resources for GDPR Compliance by clicking here.