Fraud and corruption can permeate any industry – and as Darren Matthews saw early in his career as a grocery clerk all the way to K2 Integrity’s regional head of EMEA, it can take varying forms. In Episode 7 of Digging Deeper, Chris Morgan Jones and Darren Matthews explore how fraudsters find new avenues to take advantage of a business, and some cases where investigators cracked the code on bad actors.
According to Darren, “This type of work requires somebody with attention to detail, and somebody with a creative mindset. You’ve got to think like a criminal – if I was going to defraud this company, how would I do it?”
Listen to more episodes of Digging Deeper:
- Digging Deeper Episode 6: One-on-One with Jules Kroll
- Digging Deeper Episode 5: Varsity Blues
- Digging Deeper Episode 4: Public Sector Lessons for the Corporate Investigator
- Digging Deeper Episode 3: When Personal Lives Feed Criminal Activity
- Digging Deeper Episode 2: Tales Of Corporate Scams, Frauds, And A Stolen Dali
- Digging Deeper Episode 1: The Con Queen of Hollywood
Digging Deeper, an investigative podcast series by K2 Integrity, helps shine a light on the investigations industry as few can: via the real-world, exceptional practitioners who, day in and day out, conduct this work across sectors and around the globe. Listen in to each episode where guests explore unique cases and share what they uncovered along the way to crack the code for clients. Learn more by clicking here, or subscribe on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Spotify or Stitcher.