Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. This week Matt and Tom take a deep dive into a lesson learned long ago by the Nixon Administration, adapted for 21st century cybersecurity. It’s not just the breach, it is not disclosing the breach to authorities and investors for which companies get in hot water. Some of the issues we consider are:
- What are your reporting obligations after a breach?
- Why is the SEC interested in how you inform investors?
- Why does the legal department want to hide any breaches?
- What are the costs for failure to disclose?
- What does this mean for compliance going forward?
Matt in Radical Compliance