As Walmart bans the sales of handguns and certain ammo and President Trump uses a sharpie to claim Hurricane Dorian is headed towards Alabama, Tom and Jay are back to discuss some of this week’s top compliance and ethics stories which caught their collective eyes.
- How compliance led to Walmart’s decision to ban gun and certain ammo sales. Jaclyn Jaeger reports.
- Tom and Jonathan Marks author a compliance game plan for your first 18 months in the CCO chair. Tom blogs about the highlights.
- Wells Fargo reads NYT article and starts internal investigation after ignoring internal whistleblowers on closed accounts scandal.
- Texas woman violates FCPA in Africa adoption cases. Dick Cassin analyzes.
- What are some of the blind spots in customer due diligence? Sam Sheen considers.
- How can monitors help in the administrative procesedings? Jay explores in another post.
- How does compliance factor into Brexit? Jonathan Rusch provides yet but one example.
- The always great Jonthan Marks opines on the Juniper Networks enforcement action, considering the Board of Directors role. Tom and Matt Kelly consider it on this week’s episode of Compliance into the Weeds.
- Odebrecht spanked again, this time by Inter-American Development Bank. Dylan Tokar reports.
- Tom begins a preview of the Converge19 speakers in a special bonus series of podcasts on the Compliance Podcast Network. Check out the following: Tuesday-Rebecca Rehm and Matt Doherty on the Drip Drip Drip of Compliance Training; Wednesday-UB Ciminieri and Mark Thurman on the Code of Curiousity; Thursday-Norm Hodne on Bridging the Digital Divide and Friday– Jane Arnott on Risk Mitigation through Encouraging a Speak up Culture.
- Join Tom and Jay and a host of other great speakers and guest at Converge19 in Denver October 2 & 3. Listeners to this podcast can obtain a complimentary ticket by using the promotion code foxvip, for registration and information, click here.
For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.