This episode begins on a somber note as Tom and Jay note the passing of Compliance Week reporter Joe Mont and what he meant to the greater compliance community. They then turn to discuss some of this week’s top compliance and ethics stories which caught their collective eyes.
1. Tributes to Joe Mont.
2. Mike Volkov takes a deep dive into the recent Business Roundtable Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation on Corruption Crime and Compliance.
3. Former Cognizant Technologies COO, Sridhar Thiruvengadam, settles FCPA charges. Dick Cassin.
4. Netherlands proposes nationwide AML system. John Rusch reports.
5. What is an ethical culture and why does it matter? Jay begins a multipart series.
6. What is algomerithic corporate misconduct. Milhailis Diamantis explores.
7. Despite prevaling opinions, CCO is not a ‘god’. Clara Hudson reports on the Odebrecht CCO remarks at SCCE.
8. Do UK DPAs throw individuals under the bus? Ross Dixon asks.
9. Mary Shirely tells you how to ace job interviews.
10. Tom continues his preview of the Converge19 speakers in a special bonus series of podcasts on the Compliance Podcast Network. Check out the following: Monday-Scott McCleskey on mapping the ethical risk in your company; Tuesday-Valerie Towery on cross functional collaboration; Wednesday-Kurt Stitcher on Operation Globalization; Thursday-Matt Kelly on Developing Effective Strategies for Third Parties & Data Security Risk and Friday– Anna Aster on The Future CECO: The Executive Recruiter’s Perspective. The podcast is available on multiple sites: the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, JDSupra, Megaphone,YouTube, Spotifyand theCompliance Podcast Network.
11. The Everything Compliance gang will be doing its first live podcast at Converge19. You should be there! Listeners to this podcast can obtain a complimentary ticket by using the promotion code foxvip, for registration and information, click here.
Tom Fox is the Compliance Evangelist and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Jay Rosen is Mr. Monitor and can be reached at email@example.com.
For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.