As the Trump Organization and its CFO are criminally indicted, Tom and Jay prepare for the 4th of July and are back to take a look at this week’s stories top compliance and ethics stories which caught their interest on This Week in FCPA in the Trump Organization Indicted edition.
- Trump Organization and CFO indicted on criminal charges. NYT, WSJ, FT, WaPo
- How whistleblowers protect the bottom line. Bob Conlin in Navex Global’s Risk and Compliance Matters.
- Amec Foster Wheeler, the first FCPA corp enforcement action in 2021. Tom takes a deep dive in a 3-part series on the FCPA Compliance and Ethics Blog. Tom and Matt Kelly take a deep dive in Compliance into the Weeds. Mike Volkov goes deep on Corruption Crime and Compliance. Harry Cassin (as usual) breaks the story on the FCPA Blog.
- US government AML priorities. FinCen issues report, here. Kyle Brassuer in Compliance Week (sub req’d) Dylan Tokar in WSJ Risk and Compliance Journal.
- Do lawyers make good gatekeepers? Sung Hui Kim says ‘perhaps’. Keith Bishop says you shouldn’t even ask the question.
- Human-Centered Design: An Engaging Ethics & Compliance Program Serves Users’ Needs. Carsten Tams in Part 2 of his five-part series on LinkedIn.
- Reducing your CCPA risk. Debevoise lawyers on NYU’s Compliance and Enforcement blog.
- Was Amec Foster Wheeler afraid of its agents? Dick Cassin explores in the FCPA Blog.
- Auditing your climate risk. Mark Texler in a two-part series on PracticalESG.
- How do you evaluate the value of ethics? Henry Kronk in CCI.
Podcasts and Events
- How does history inform compliance? What are the leadership lessons from ancient Greeks and Romans? Find out in this special 10 part podcast series on famous Greeks and Romans from Plutarch’s Lives this week on 12 O’Clock High, a podcast on business leadership, hosted by Richard Lummis and Tom Fox. In Episode 1, they mined Plutarch about the lives of and leadership lessons from Themistocles and Camillus. In Episode 2, they looked at Solon and Popsicola. In Episode 3, Pericles and Fabius Maximus. In Episode 4, Alcibiades and Coriolanus.
- Are you a MCU fan? If so check out the special series on the Disney streaming service Loki and Tom Fox and Megan Dougherty who return to review the entire series. They catch up on Episode 1-3 in this edition of Popcorn and Compliance.
- Trekking Through Compliance Returns! Tom reviews all 79 episodes of Star Trek, the Original Series beginning June 1. Each day at 3 PM on the Compliance Podcast Network. This week’s offerings included Operation Annihilate, Amok Time, Who Mourns for Adonias, The Changeling and Mirror Mirror.
- On this episode of Integrity Through Compliance, join Affiliated Monitor’s Rod Grandon, Jenner & Block Partner, David Robbins, and former Engility Holdings, Inc. General Counsel, Tom Miller, for an in-depth discussion focusing on crisis management from the perspectives of a General Counsel, outside legal counsel, and federal acquisition official.
- On July 13, join K2 Integrity for its Virtual Compliance Conference on Environment, Social, and Governance Compliance Risks for Financial Institutions. Information and Registration here.
- It is now HERE, the book you have all been waiting for, The Compliance Handbook, 2nd edition is available for purchase. The Compliance Handbook 2ndedition is available in both print and eBook editions. Available here.