As Tom celebrates the release of The Compliance Handbook, 2nd edition, he and Jay are back to take a look at this week’s stories top compliance and ethics stories which caught their interest on This Week in FCPA in the Trump Organization Indicted edition.
- The Compliance Handbook, 2nd edition is released. Learn about it here. Purchase it here.
- Four ways to update you ABC compliance program right now. Ann-Maire Zell in the FCPA Blog.
- John Wood Group DPA with SFO. Tom has a 2-part series on the FCPA Compliance Report. Part 1-deplorable conduct and Part 2-lessons learned.
- Alex Cotoia takes a deep dive into the EU Whistleblower Directive in a 4-part series. On Compliance Crime and Corruption.
- Emerging trends in 3rd Party Risk Management. Jaclyn Jaeger in Compliance Week (sub req’d)
- Mengqi Sun interviews Sherron Watkins in the WSJ Risk and Compliance Journal.
- Anti-trust concerns at the Board level. Elizabeth Ising, Stephen Weissman, Cassandra Tillinghast and Chris Wilson in NYU Compliance and Enforcement Blog.
- How to avoid buying a FCPA issue. Valerie Charles, Jamen Tyler and Robert Johnston in CCI.
- Compliance on the inside v. outside. Amy Landry in CCI.
- Compliance officers are disciplinarians (at times). Dick Cassin in the FCPA Blog.
Podcasts and Events
- How does history inform compliance? What are the leadership lessons from ancient Greeks and Romans? Find out in this special 10 part podcast series on famous Greeks and Romans from Plutarch’s Lives this week on 12 O’Clock High, a podcast on business leadership, hosted by Richard Lummis and Tom Fox. In Episode 5, they mined Plutarch about the lives of and leadership lessons from the Greek Epaminondas and the Roman Scipio Africanus.
- A new month on The Compliance Life! In July I visit with Asha Palmer, CECO at Convercent. In Episode 1, from Claire Huxable to the DOJ.
- Tom premiers a new podcast, Greetings and Felicitations. In the inaugural episode, CPN fan fav Dr. Ben Locwin is back to discuss the current state of the Covid-19 pandemic and where we might be headed.
- Trekking Through Compliance Returns! Tom reviews all 79 episodes of Star Trek, the Original Series beginning June 1. Each day at 3 PM on the Compliance Podcast Network. This week’s offerings included The Apple, The Doomsday Machine, Catspaw, I, Mudd and Metamorphosis.
- On July 13, join K2 Integrity for its Virtual Compliance Conference on Environment, Social, and Governance Compliance Risks for Financial Institutions. Information and Registration here.
- Join Tom, Asha Palmer and Stephen Martin for a coming out webinar for The Compliance Handbook, 2nd We will focus on 3rd party risk management. Attendees will receive a special article and offer. Best of all, it’s at no charge. Details and registration here.