Welcome to the only roundtable podcast in compliance. Today, we have a quartet of Jay Rosen, Matt Kelly, Sarah Hadden and Mike Volkov. We focus on the President Trump’s putative initiative to purchase the country of Greenland. We consider the proposed purchase from the compliance perspective. Rants and shouts outs follow the commentary for this episode.
- Mike Volkov considers the proposed purchase through the lens of Mergers and Acquisitions under the FCPA. He also highlights the 2018 amendment to the FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy on safe harbor in M&A under the FCPA. Volkov is not sure if he is shouting out to the Business Roundtable for their Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation or ranting about the Business Roundtable’s ‘profound grasp of the obvious” in releasing the Statement.
- Jay Rosen follows up on Mike’s FCPA analysis in considering how someone might look at the sale in assessing the culture of Greenland and how it would fit into the acquirer’s portfolio of purchased territories. Rosen shouts out for America to ‘get Spicy’ as former White House Press Secretary (when there was such a position) Sean Spicer joins Dancing with the Stars.
- Sarah Hadden considers how a journalist might cover the proposed purchase. She also weighs in as the Publisher of Corporate Compliance Insights on the types of compliance related stories she sees from the proposed purchase. Hadden shouts out for unplugging.
- Matt Kelly considers the proposed purchase from the internal controls and SEC reporting perspective. Kelly comes in hot to blast the Business Roundtable over its Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation.
The members of the Everything Compliance are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov– One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matt Kelly– Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at email@example.com
- Jonathan Armstrong–is our UK colleague, who is an experienced lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Hadden–Publisher at Corporate Compliance Insights. Hadden can be reached at Sarah@corporatecomplianceinsights.com
The host and producer (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Compliance Evangelist. Everything Compliance is a part of the Compliance Podcast Network.