Welcome to the only roundtable podcast in compliance. Today, begin a two-part series on our fan favorite year-end wrap up on the state of compliance under the Trump Administration. We have been following this topic since Trump was elected in 2016 and it one of the most anticipated podcast releases for the year. Today, we have a triple serving of Jay Rosen, Matt Kelly and with a potpourri of topics. Rants and shouts outs follow the commentary for this episode.
- Matt Kelly looks at what the SEC has accomplished (or not) over the past year as I pose the question “has Jay Clayton actually done anything?” Kelly rants about Attorney General Bill Barr’s theory of the unitary executive and blaming the Secular Left for the ills under Trump.
- Jay Rosen discusses compliance programs from the Benczkowski Memo to Evaluation of Corporate Compliance beyond, what does it mean for the compliance practitioner. Rosen rants about the cultural morass in Boston which led to the Patriots signing Antonio Brown and then shouts out to them for not only cutting him but not resigning him as they clearly need a competent receiver.
- Tom Fox sits in this episode to discuss the policy announcements which promoted corporate compliance programs this year; including the Criminal Division’s Guidance on compliance programs, the Antitrust Division’s Guidance on compliance programs and the OFAC Compliance Framework. Fox provides advice to Elon Musk that if you are unveiling a bullet proof car on live TV, then make sure the windows are actually bullet proof before you throw metal balls at them and they shatter.
From Tom Fox, white papers on each of the three topics, all available on CCI:
The members of the Everything Compliance are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov – One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matt Kelly – Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at email@example.com
- Jonathan Armstrong –is our UK colleague, who is an experienced data privacy/data protection lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Hadden –Publisher at Corporate Compliance Insights. Hadden can be reached at Sarah@corporatecomplianceinsights.com
The host and producer (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Compliance Evangelist. Everything Compliance is a part of the Compliance Podcast Network.