Welcome to the only roundtable podcast in compliance. Today, we have the full quintet of Jonathan Armstrong, Jay Rosen, Jonathan Marks, Matt Kelly and Mike Volkov for a deep dive into five key areas of law and enforcement and what they might look like under the Biden Administration. We end with a veritable mélange of rants and shouts outs.
- Jonathan Armstrong looks at the possibility of a fix to Privacy Shield under a Biden Administration. Armstrong shouts out to all retired trial lawyers who want to get back in the courtroom and now have Rudi Giuliani to demonstrate you are never too old to make a fool of yourself in court.
- Jay Rosen looks at the discontinuance of independent monitors under the Trump Administration and how this could change under the Biden Administration. Jay shouts out to our better angels to help rebuild the country after the hate and divisiveness of the Trump Administration.
- Matt Kelly considers the changes in enforcement, policy and focus in the SEC and other regulatory agencies under the Biden Administration. Matt shouts out to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger who has withstood criminal actions by the Trump Administration to secure a fair vote from Georgia.
- Mike Volkov considers how antitrust enforcement might move forward under the Biden Administration. Volkov rants about the Trump Administration’s abandonment of the fight against Coronavirus and how its actions have caused untold more deaths.
- Jonathan Marks considers the increased importance of data and data analytics in compliance programs and how they will form the basis of enforcement under the Biden Administration. Marks shouts out to scientists working on the coronavirus vaccine in face of the Trump Administration’s abandonment of science and scientists for charlatans.
- Tom Fox gives a bittersweet shout out to Saul Turteltaub, father of our good friend Adam Turteltaub, who witnessed his beloved Los Angeles Dodgers lose in two consecutive World Series to teams that cheated and was denied seeing his Dodgers win their first pennant since 1987. Saul Turteltaub passed away last spring.
The members of the Everything Compliance are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov – One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Kelly – Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at email@example.com
- Jonathan Armstrong –is our UK colleague, who is an experienced data privacy/data protection lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Marks is Partner, Firm Practice Leader – Global Forensic, Compliance & Integrity Services at Baker Tilly. Marks can be reached at email@example.com
The host and producer (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Compliance Evangelist. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Everything Compliance is a part of the Compliance Podcast Network.