Welcome to the only roundtable podcast in compliance. Today, we have the full quintet of Jonathan Armstrong, Jay Rosen, Jonathan Marks, Matt Kelly and Mike Volkov for a deep dive into plethora of topics in this special holiday edition. We end with a veritable mélange of rants and shouts outs.
- Jonathan Armstrong data privacy issues related return to work in the new year after most employee spent 2020 working from home. Armstrong shouts out the scientist who spearheaded the research which has led to the Covid vaccines.
- Jay Rosen looks at what a company needs to do to get through a monitorship. Jay rants about the San Francisco 49ers leaving California to play in one of the country’s biggest Covid-19 hot spots, Arizona.
- Matt Kelly considers the changes in enforcement, policy and focus in the SEC and other regulatory agencies under the Biden Administration. Matt shouts out to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger who has withstood criminal actions by the Trump Administration to secure a fair vote from Georgia.
- Mike Volkov looks at the Vitol FCPA settlement and how it may portend greater inter-agency cooperation in corruption and anti-competitive enforcement actions. Volkov rants about Gary Cohen, former head of Goldman Sachs and his refusal to allow the Goldman mandated clawbacks for the firm’s 1MDB corruption and fraud.
- Jonathan Marks looks at Board of Directors and sees the Dunning-Kruger Effect of over confidence and lack of self-awareness in many areas of corporate governance. Marks rants about the NLF not giving a flip about player safety around Covid-19 all the while moving games without any thought to competition.
- Tom Fox gives a bittersweet shout out David Prowse who recently died. Prowse was the first actor to play Darth Vader albeit voiced by James Earl Jones.
The members of the Everything Compliance are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov – One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Kelly – Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at email@example.com
- Jonathan Armstrong –is our UK colleague, who is an experienced data privacy/data protection lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Marks is Partner, Firm Practice Leader – Global Forensic, Compliance & Integrity Services at Baker Tilly. Marks can be reached at email@example.com
The host and producer (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Voice of Compliance. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Everything Compliance is a part of the Compliance Podcast Network.