Welcome to the only roundtable podcast in compliance. Today, we have a quartet of Jonathan Armstrong, Jonathan Marks, Matt Kelly and Mike Volkov for a deep dive into what compliance may look like under the Biden Administration. We end with a veritable mélange of rants and shouts outs.
- Jonathan Armstrong joins us from London to consider what the new Administration might mean for the current British PM and his Administration. He rants about the renewed UK lockdown and how idiots are still not getting the need for it.
- Matt Kelly considers the Biden Administration appointments at the SEC, CFPB and OCC and how their philosophies on enforcement will impact compliance. Matt rants about the second-class citizenship created when CCOs have to report to GCs.
- Jonathan Marks looks at FBI and other enforcement agencies renewed vigor in investigating fraud, particularly around PPP and PPE. Marks shouts out to Amanda Gorman for her stirring poetry at the Biden Inauguration.
- Mike Volkov considers the appointments of Merrick Garland to be Attorney General and Lisa Monaco as Biden’s Homeland Security head and how they will work to clean up the disastrous mess left by the prior Administration. Volkov shouts out the Biden Inauguration Celebration and especially the 3 former Presidents remarks.
- Tom Fox has a bittersweet shout out to Hank Aaron who passed away last week.
The members of Everything Compliance are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov – One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Kelly – Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at email@example.com
- Jonathan Armstrong –is our UK colleague, who is an experienced data privacy/data protection lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Marks is Partner, Firm Practice Leader – Global Forensic, Compliance & Integrity Services at Baker Tilly. Marks can be reached at email@example.com
The host and producer (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Voice of Compliance. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Everything Compliance is a part of the Compliance Podcast Network.