In this Episode of the FCPA Compliance Report, I visit with three lawyers from Miller & Chevalier to discuss the Summer 2021 Edition. I am joined by Lauren Briggerman, Katherine Pappas and Ian Herbert. We take a deep dive into key areas of white collar enforcement and issues that every compliance, legal and business executive should be aware of going forward into the second half of 2021. Some of the highlights include:
- What are some of the significant developments in cartel investigations and prosecutions involving senior execs?
- What have you seen around wage-fixing and price fixing?
- Yet more prosecutions in the poultry industry. Why have we seen so many over the past few years?
- Anything new on the extradition front?
- We saw additional charges and a settlement regarding auto emissions testing fraud. Where do you see this issue internationally?
- What has been the impact of the pandemic on white collar prosecutions?
- Where are we on government efforts to combat PPP and PPE fraud?
- Anything happening on the FCPA front with individuals?
- Do you expect to see a pickup on the corp FCPA front in the remainder of 2021?
- What does the Biden administration’s memorandum on corruption as a national security issue mean for corporations and executives?
- What did we see regarding individual prosecutions on the AML front?
- What about prosecutions for failures to set up AML compliance programs?
- What’s happening in crypto?
- Significant sentencings.