In this Episode of the FCPA Compliance Report, I am joined by Greg Keating, well-known employment lawyer who focuses on whistleblower regulation and litigation. In this episode we take a look at the current state of whistleblower regulations, case law and recent SEC awards. Highlights include:
- Greg recently changed firms, moving to Epstein Becker & Green, P.C. He tells us about your new firm?
- Why was the whistleblower provision of the Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2020 so controversial?
- What are you counseling clients on regarding whistleblower claims under the Biden Administration?
- In addition to the AMLA of 2020, what other regulatory changes have you seen from the federal government regarding whistleblowers?
- Are there any court cases involving whistleblowers that have gotten your attention in 2021?
- 2002 was the Year of the Whistleblower with Sherron Watkins of Enron, Cynthia Cooper of WorldCom and Collen Rowley of the FBI. Could 2021 be in the running for such a designation?
- Why is listening to those employees who raise their hands and speak up so critical?
- Why is a proactive approach to whistleblowers so critical?
Greg Keating on LinkedIn