In this episode, I am joined by Jay Rosen, VP of Business Development for Affiliated Monitors, Inc.. Corporate culture exists in the space between what an organization professes and what it does. today, we examine any key aspect of corporate culture, including why it matters, what influences culture, the CCOs role in culture, assessing corporate culture and how to use that information to improve culture. We consider how to assess your corporate culture.
- Who should perform the assessment of corporate culture?
- An in-house resource may be seen as more ongoing monitoring than culture assessment.
- Conversely an independent outside expert may be able to garner more fulsome information of the true state of your corporate culture.
- Tools to assess the culture of an organization include employee surveys, conversations, visits to field operations.
- What are the differences, if any, which must be considered when assessing a global company?
- Why do you need to “fine-tune” a cultural survey to get a good understanding of the company’s culture and obtain meaningful metrics?
- The bottom line is you should take the temperature of your employees internally by doing regular monitoring of your company to understand its culture and what needs to be done.
For more information on Affiliated Monitors, Inc. check out their website here.
For more information see Jay’s blog post How does a company assess its culture? on Corporate Compliance Insights.